SugarSphynx and Lykoi Canada
text my cell phone anytime
I am honoured you stopped by to visit. We are a small family cattery located in Lethbridge Alberta Canada. I have been married to Jim, my partner in crime and all things cats, for 40+ years. We both come with an extensive medical healthcare background. Now that we are retired, cats are our lives. We delivered our first litter in early 2016! The final member of our team is our in-house photographer, Vinnie Bean.
As you can see from our Code of Ethics, we take the well-being of our cats very seriously. To ensure your forever pet is well socialized, our cats and kittens are integrated into our daily lives. And we work hard to ensure healthy cats and breeding lines through a wide array of health testing and the best of veterinary science. Most importantly, when you adopt one of our kittens we will always be there to support you as a member of our SugarSphynx family!
Our Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
- We will maintain our active registration with CFA and TICA. We will follow their rules and regulations.
- We will constantly strive to improve, educate and provide the best standards of practice and care. We share our knowledge freely.
- We breed our cats with the directive to improve both breeds and to produce healthy, happy kittens for our families. We want our cats to be a member of our families for many, many years to come. We hope we will have made a positive impact in the breeds years after we are no longer breeding.
- We will be honest and fair to all our families. We will maintain a relationship that is empowering and promote healthy treatment of the kittens throughout their lifespan. We are family and come as a complete package.
- We undertake extensive testing of breeders that includes but not limited to HCM Cardiac Scans yearly starting at 12 months and when necessary, DNA Profile, HCM-DNA testing, routine labs and microscopics.
- To the best of my knowledge and ability I will not sell any kitten/cat that is sick or has been exposed to an infectious disease. If a kitten/cat has any issues we will discuss and have a plan of action prior to placement.
- We will not sell or place any kittens/cats prior to their attaining a proper level of immunity against common infectious diseases.
- We strive to house all our cats in a manner that exceeds the CFA/TICA Cattery Standards.
- We will ensure all of our cats are kept in a healthy, safe environment and will ensure they receive the proper veterinary care, love and socialization.
- We maintain appropriate cattery records and will correctly register all litters and cats.
Founder of Sugar Sphynx and Lykoi